Uploading Files to Google Cloud

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Uploading Files to Google Cloud

Johnny Mac(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hey there! It's been a very long time since I've posted on this forum (another username).

I am currently wanting to write a client-side application that can programmatically upload files to a Google Nearline Bucket. I don't have experience with Java or Python, but have written server/client code in BlitzMax in the past (as well as various games). Does anyone have any experience with this or even know if it's possible?

If it's not, my other idea was to send files from the clients to my server and from my server, send the files to the Bucket via Java, but I'm afraid that will be messy and not go well with my need for transaction.

I have written part of the code that handles which files need updated by finding out which files have been modified, created, deleted, renamed and/or moved since the last time it ran, but I'm ready to delve into this part. I will be writing the file information to a SQL database as well to track everything. I'm afraid that I may need to combine my Max program with a Java one to get everything working somehow.

The application I'm writing is going to be a file backup solution for some of my clients.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#2]
Whatever you end up doing, make sure to test with files larger than 2gb as well, iirc stock blitzmax doesn't handle those properly, but there are fixes/workarounds.

Johnny Mac(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks for the reply xlsior! I modified Azathoth's code to handle streams > 2 GB since a lot of clients have large movie files.

It works great! I'm working on client side compression & encryption at the moment too.

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#4]
Libcurl with SSL should be able to handle the work between the client and the google apis.