blitzmax compile for iOS?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/blitzmax compile for iOS?

Caton(Posted 2015) [#1]
Can blitzmax apps\games build for iOS? I saw somewhere you could.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#2]
Have a look at Brucey's thread for BMX-NG.

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#3]
You will also need OSX :-)

Xerra(Posted 2015) [#4]
Yes, it definitely can. Brucey showed me it all. I'm planning to blog about it as soon as I put it all together from our emails to get one of my old games working on MaxNG.

Caton(Posted 2015) [#5]
what os do I download to burn on disk to install on my old computer. WinXp 32bit.

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#6]
OSX generally performs best on Apple hardware, so unless you have some, your time would be better spent elsewhere... like programming, or some such thing...

Derron(Posted 2015) [#7]
OSX is no "download OS" it is an "have to pay for OS".

@Brucey
bmk makeapp -r 3rdparty.bmx
does not need programming ;-)

bye
Ron

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#8]
OSX is no "download OS" it is an "have to pay for OS".

In addition to that, it will only install and work on Apple hardware, and not on the vast majority of generic PC systems.... (And even if you could get it to work, it's in violation of the Apple terms and conditions which only license it for use on Apple hardware)

Derron(Posted 2015) [#9]
It works on VirtualBox (only running an older one, did not even bother to try out more current incarnations).

Whatever "Apple terms" allow or not - it depends on the country you are living in, if these terms are valid for you or not of importance.

bye
Ron

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#10]
Just keep in mind to get OSx and xcode from the official sources -- there was a big issue in recent weeks with tons of iOS apps containing malware due to being compiled with a 3rd party distribution of xcode that added some 'bonus' parts into the compiled executables...

Xerra(Posted 2015) [#11]
I tried all sorts of work-arounds to try and use XCode on my PC including server sharing and logging into a friends Mac via the internet to try and develop that way. All of them were just a pain in the butt.

In the end I just paid £560 quid for a Mac Mini and did it the proper way. Probably the best £560 I ever spent. I'd never want to use a PC over one now.

Derron(Posted 2015) [#12]
So you did not try "all sorts of work-arounds"

- remote shell access should be possible with Macs (ssh ip) and then xcode from commandline
- VirtualBox works too - and compiles fine

Think you can get an old "mini" or so for less than 560 pounds.

bye
Ron

Fielder(Posted 2015) [#13]
VirtualBox can emulate a MAC

Caton(Posted 2015) [#14]
how do I use blitzmax 3d engine mini3d for ios?