BlitzMax IDE Help

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax IDE Help

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#1]
Now, I'm not (too) dumb, and can program. And would really (really) like to add new stuff wither to the standard IDE or the Community IDE :)

But, for the life if me I just can't get into the code (and I've written and taken part on large editor projects before)!

It all stems from the rats maze of Max gui. There doesn't seem to be any logic to how the editor is (internally) created or managed.

There is no simple path to follow to get to how the editor displays the code, etc.

Does anyone have a good answer to this and help in making the editors more friendly, etc.

Say...line numbers, code overview, nested code find, etc

I don't need the code to do it, I just need someone to help start :(

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#2]
Skid's your man for the job, since it's his baby ;-)

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#3]
Any help is well received :)

skidracer(Posted 2015) [#4]
Calling the code a rats maze is not much incentive for me. Thankfully I have my negativity filter set to 11 when ever I come near these forums so...

The class you are looking for is TOpenCode which displays code when open in maxide (aka codeplay).

It has a member called textarea which is the MaxGUI gadget that you are interested in.

As line numbers is a feature of the gadget you will need to add a flag to the constructor (CreateTextArea) so that MaxGUI knows you want line numbers.

You then, or hopefully before, need to add line number support to MaxGUI.

Before this you probably want to google

site:blitzbasic.com line numbers maxgui

So, yeh, nah, not for legacy MaxGUI drivers.

Hopefully you are hip and not square and already on Linux using GTKMaxGui, so only need to modify a few lines in that particular driver - Brucey's baby. :)

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#5]
apologies for the rats nest comment. I'll see what can be done. I'm on OS X with original max guy - so i'm not sure how well it will go, but anywhere is a start :)