Anyone ever use a borderless window for their game

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Anyone ever use a borderless window for their game

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#1]
Lots of games seem to have an option now for borderless window which runs at desktop resolution. It fills the screen but doesn't have alt+tab problems but I guess could have a worse framerate.

Does BMax support it natively or do I need to make a mod tweak to do some extra WinAPI calls? Thx.

col(Posted 2015) [#2]
Jake...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=102797#1232692

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#3]
Awesome, many thanks!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2015) [#4]
Just done this -- a "no source-hacking" option anyway!

Full-screen borderless window (Win32)

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#5]
Ooh nice, no blitz source hacks is always appreciated by me. So this is true borderless, not just a window with the inner sides at desktop size and the border/title bar is still lurking outside of the display? (might show up on second screens for example)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2015) [#6]
Seems to be correct here -- monitor 1 with demo on left, monitor 2 (telly!) on the right:

http://postimg.org/image/j0tsvdhvx/20ecb5a8/

Excuse crap image host, can't access FTP right now.

BTW Windows auto-shows and hides the taskbar as you click on the second display and back, which is nice.

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#7]
OK cool, that image was weird though, mostly black screen and a small rectangle of road(?)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2015) [#8]
Yep, that's Print-Screen grabbing both monitors -- but I cropped the image just to show part of left-screen (with rect from my demo) and part of right-screen, main point being the clear division with no border between them.

H&K(Posted 2015) [#9]
Global MainWindow:TGadget = CreateWindow("Game Window",..
					(DeskTopSize.CX-WindowSize.CX)/2 ,..
					(DeskTopSize.CY-WindowSize.CY)/2 ,..
					WindowSize.CX ,..
					WindowSize.CY ,..
					Null,..
					WINDOW_CLIENTCOORDS)

Global Pane:TGadget	= CreateCanvas(	0,..
					WindowSize.CX,..
					WindowSize.CY,..
					MainWindow)
ActivateWindow( Pane )
Sorry for this being incomplete, but its from a '06 file, with too many dependencies to quickly fix (I can post it if you want).
The point is I used maxgui

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#10]
@BlitzSupport Ah I see, OK thanks.

@H&K Thanks. I don't want to use MaxGUI though because it has to work with all the existing code for my game which runs in full screen or windowed mode using Graphics(whatever)

H&K(Posted 2015) [#11]
No worries, but doesn't what I posted plus

SetGraphics (CanvasGraphics(Pane))

effectively provide the same function as Graphics(whatever)?

Edit: Im going to post this anyway, for the search info for future, But I have realised what I was misunderstanding.

Grey Alien(Posted 2015) [#12]
I've no idea, I've never used MaxGUI.