MinGW win7 64

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MinGW win7 64

Jaydubeww(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello, I can't seem to get my code to compile. I have just recently gone back to programming blizmax on windows 7 64 bit. I have installed blitzmax 1.50, mingw 3.4.5, and have copied the mingw ar and ld to blitzmax lib folder. I have also edited my environment paths. My modules compile just fine but I still get these errors while trying to build my code:

C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: skipping incompatible C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/lib/crtbegin.o when searching for C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/lib/crtbegin.o
C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot find C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/lib/crtbegin.o
C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: skipping incompatible C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/lib/crt2.o when searching for C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/lib/crt2.o

Whats wrong? I have also tried several mingw versions, am I using the wrong version?

Thanks

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#2]
Depending on your MinGW version, you'll also need to replace a number of the MinGW libs into the Blitzmax/lib folder -- Any file that exists in blitzmax/lib as well as your mingw/lib folder, copy the mingw/lib version and overwrite the blitzmax/lib one with it.

There are some threads on this forum that contrain a command line script that can automatically do this for you.

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#3]
Hi!

You may look up Brucey's topic about this here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=95220

Most users compile with MinGW 4.7.x or 4.8.x these days.
Sadly, BMX doesn't support 64 Bit yet.

Jaydubeww(Posted 2015) [#4]
Thanks xlsior and Grisu. I followed Brucey's post and got it working. I still got an error though:

C:/programming/blitz/BlitzMax/lib/libmingwex.a(pformat.o):pformat.c:(.text+0x44b): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'

Which then it failed to link. To fix this all I had to do was add another environment variable:
BMK_LD_OPTS = -lmsvcrt -lgcc

Thanks everyone!

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#5]
You are welcome.

If you want, Brucey also made some changes to the native bmx modules that didn't make it into the 1.50 release. Among other stuff they fix a Pixmap related memory leak. You can get the code over his repository.

Last but not least, you can also update the fasm assembler file with this one: http://flatassembler.net/fasmw17139.zip