Framebuffer Blitzmax?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Framebuffer Blitzmax?

zoqfotpik(Posted 2015) [#1]
Is there a module that allows Blitzmax to display on a framebuffer, eg. Linux console without X Windows?

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#2]
I believe SDL does that on the Raspberry Pi.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2015) [#3]
Very cool.

As a total non-sequitur I found Blitz for an Amiga emulator, though I couldn't get it running and I have to question whether it's even worth the bother. But how cool is that? Of course C does the same thing but you have no common library thread from then until now.

GW(Posted 2015) [#4]
Did you try TinyPTC?

zoqfotpik(Posted 2015) [#5]
No I did not but if Zawran was involved it has to be awesome. That dude is a demoscene hardman from way back.

Xerra(Posted 2015) [#6]
Totally off-topic but I remember Blitz for the Amiga so well. I used to write shareware with that back in the 90's. I remember reviewing the Blitz Support Suite for CU Amiga almost 20 years ago now.

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#7]
https://archive.org/stream/cuamiga-magazine-084/CUAmiga_084_Feb_1997#page/n59/mode/2up

:-)

zoqfotpik(Posted 2015) [#8]
Almost makes you want to get an amiga and go through all that crazy stuff to get it set up and working but then you realize you can have the same thing running in emulation on eg. an Intel NUC for around the same price, all told.

NUCs aren't going to appreciate in price though and Commodores are going up.

Xerra(Posted 2015) [#9]
Hahah, nice one, Brucey. I actually did a few months freelance work for them. I remember them accepting that review as-is but totally rejected my Wordsworth 6 review that I sent at the same time, and gave it to someone else :(

If you look at the PD Scene and PD Utilities section then you'll find my name there, too. I didn't review Blitz itself, however. Think John Kennedy did that as I didn't work for them at the time.