MinGW and FBX SDK

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MinGW and FBX SDK

BLaBZ(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi All,

I'm relatively new to c++ and I'm trying to import the FBX SDK and use some of the functions.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775847

Unfortunately minGW doesn't seem to want to compile.

I get the following error: (first of many others)
In file included from C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/fbxsdk/fbxsdk_def.h:41,
                 from C:/Users/blabbe/Desktop/Test/MyCPPFunctions/MyCPPFunctions/fbxsdk.h:43,
                 from C:/Users/blabbe/Desktop/Test/MyCPPFunctions/MyCPPFunctions/CPPFunctions.cpp:3:
C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/fbxsdk/core/arch/fbxarch.h:73:4: #error Unsupported architecture!
In file included from C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/fbxsdk/fbxsdk_def.h:42,
                 from C:/Users/blabbe/Desktop/Test/MyCPPFunctions/MyCPPFunctions/CPPFunctions.cpp:3:
C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/fbxsdk/core/arch/fbxtypes.h:149:3: #error Unsupported architecture!
In file included from C:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/fbxsdk/fbxsdk_def.h:46,

Is there any reason why the vc++ compiler would work while minGW wouldn't?

Thanks!
BLaBZ

Henri(Posted 2014) [#2]
It's a shame but compilers implement C++ standard differently (afaik) and in addition bring their own stuff too making imcompatibilities even between different versions. You are trying to interface with Blitzmax ?

-Henri

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#3]
As far as I remember, the FBX SDK requires Visual Studio. You will need to create a C-wrapper DLL in Visual Studio to expose the functionality so that you can make a wrapper in BlitzMax :-)