BLide File 2 named ... ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLide File 2 named ... ?

therevills(Posted 2014) [#1]
I'm adding another file to my BLide project and for some reason it is creating a new file called "File 2 named <file>.bmx" instead of adding the file I selected!?!?

I am using "Add an existing file file to project here".

Any idea why it is doing this and how can I just add my files?

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#2]
Can you provide more details? What kind of solution, where are the files originally stored, etc?

therevills(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hey Ziggy!

Its an unmanaged solution, the files are in the same location as the project and I'm just trying to add them - I've added most of them without issue but for the last few BLide is creating the new files.

LT(Posted 2014) [#4]
Ziggy, since you've been reading this...

I've been getting this error often when I backspace.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Running BLIde version 14.03.0801 SP1
at QWhale.Syntax.CodeCompletion.ListMember.get_Description()
at BLIde.BLIdeEditorControl.BLEditorControl.Codigo2_NeedCodeCompletion(Object sender, CodeCompletionArgs e) in C:\Users\Manel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BLIde engine\BLIde QW\BLIde .net 2.0\Editor\EditorControl.vb:line 6709
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.OnNeedCompletion(CodeCompletionArgs e)
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.ExecuteCodeCompletion(CodeCompletionArgs e)
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.ListMembers(CodeCompletionArgs e, CodeCompletionType completionType)
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.ListMembers()
at BLIde.BLIdeEditorControl.BLEditorControl.ShowCompletionIncontext() in C:\Users\Manel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BLIde engine\BLIde QW\BLIde .net 2.0\Editor\EditorControl.vb:line 4359
at BLIde.BLIdeEditorControl.BLEditorControl.codigo2_KeyDown1(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Manel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BLIde engine\BLIde QW\BLIde .net 2.0\Editor\EditorControl.vb:line 4411
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Incidentally, this also happened the last time my update subscription ran out. Any idea why?

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#5]
Incidentally, this also happened the last time my update subscription ran out. Any idea why?
Nop, I have no idea why, but I've got a bug report with a sample that seems to replicate this always, so I hope to be providing a fix tomorrow.

LT(Posted 2014) [#6]
I see there's a new version. Does it address this issue? And if so, eh, I have to purchase another update subscription for a bug fix?

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#7]
@LT: you have some days to update left. Do it.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#8]
Any luck with my issue Ziggy?

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#9]
@therevills: BLIde will should be doing the following when you're importing an already existing file into a solution:
1.- If you are importing a file from a diferent folder, BLIde will copy the file where you're actually importing it and then:
a) If you're importing a file into the location the file already is. That is, importing a file from its folder, BLIde will just add a reference to this file into the solution, no renaming or anything else involved.
b) if you're importing a fle from one location to another location BLIde will check for name clashes before importing:
b.1) if there's a file there with the same name, BLIde will change its name in the way you're seeing now, so nothing gets overritten
b.1) If there's no file with the same name at the new location, the file will be copied there and referenced into the solution.

Can you confirm it's not behaving like this? I've been unable to replicate it, but it doesn't mean there's not any issue!

Best,

Manel.

LT(Posted 2014) [#10]
..you have some days to update left. Do it.
Thanks, ziggy. Seems to have done the trick!

Xerra(Posted 2014) [#11]
Ziggy, another small bug I've noticed with Blide.

On a new line type End and then press tab to select endif. I then press delete to change it to "End If" - it's an OCD thing - and it will switch it back to Endif again afterwards and i have to retype it.

It's minor, I know, but, for some reason, it really bugs me :)

therevills(Posted 2014) [#12]
Ziggy, this is what BLide is doing and its only been doing it recently:

My project:

I want to add PublicDomain.bmx, as shown here:

I select "Add an existing file to project here" from the Include folder:

I select PublicDomain.bmx and BLide creates a copy called "File 2 named PublicDomain.bmx"

And you can see it in Explorer:

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#13]
That's because in the folder you where inporting PublicDomain there was already a PublicDomain file, ins't it?

therevills(Posted 2014) [#14]
Its the same file in the same folder... It should be doing your 1a from your previous post.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#15]
Ooook, I can't replicate this here, but maybe thereĦs something different in our config? mmmm I'll take another look to see if there's anything else that needs to be fixed