wxMax - debug alerts

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/wxMax - debug alerts

PhotonTom(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi all,
Having a problem with wxPlatformInfo giving me an alert when used (works perfectly but still gives an assert error). This is OK for debug purposes but not in a release version of my software. I've read here that it is default in the newer versions of wxwidgets but it gives a fix. I've changed the relevant files and recompiled the modules but that didn't work, I suspect I need to recompile the wxwidgets but I have no idea how to do this, does anyone know how to do this?

(I've also noticed that my executable file sizes are much larger with the latest wxmax too but I'm guessing that is because all the wxwidgets debug code is included?)

Derron(Posted 2014) [#2]
Depending on the GCC/MinGW you use - the newer compilations are bigger.

After my linux distro upgraded gcc I get a 7-10 MB file compared to 3.5 before. So on linux you can do this:

strip --strip-all filename

to strip all unwanted stuff from the file.

@wxmax
You should download the source package of wxwidgets, use the ./configure method (have a look at the configuration brucey uses - it is stored in its wxmax-module folders) to build your build-configuration, then ./make and and wait - this will build the files you need. Windows build instructions will differ.

Pay attention to use the source revisions brucey used (newer ones might have changed functions or behaviour).

bye
Ron