OpenUrl() and

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/OpenUrl() and

Grisu(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi all!

If you copy and paste the following line into your webbrowser, it should open up your E-Mail client and create a new message. So far so good...

mailto: Pocket%20Radio%20Player%20%3cpocketradioplayer@...

When I use the same string in combination with the OpenUrl() command, the string gets truncated and nothing happens.

Is there a workaround to prevent this? I'm trying to create E-Mails from within my app with a custom text.

Grisu

GfK(Posted 2014) [#2]
You used to be able to call driver.OpenURL() to bypass all the parsing stuff.

Grisu(Posted 2014) [#3]
Wow, that did it!
Seems like my code wasn't faulty at all and PRP has a new feature... :)

I just hope this stuff works under Linux and Mac as well.

Thanks Gfk!

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#4]
Keep in mind that mailto: only works on PC's that have a local email client installed & configured -- something that's no longer true on the majority of computers, where people use hotmail/gmail/yahoo mail/whatever these days...

In which case the mailto: link will result in an error stating that you have no mail program configured. You may want to list a support email explicitly in your program for those people.

Grisu(Posted 2014) [#5]
Good idea!

I wanted to make it as easy as possible for the users as most of them are quite lazy.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#6]
Could you not just have your program submit the report to an SQL database, instead of going down the e-mail route? That way it'd just work for everybody.

Grisu(Posted 2014) [#7]
I don't know how to set up a SQL server or how to send / manage the data. I guess there's a Bruecy (tm) module for this stuff already. Will put this on my to-do-list.

The updated build can be grabbed from the link below, if anyone is interested: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f4t6jlm5nx4z58u/prp_win32_n.zip