BMK on OSX Compile Error

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BMK on OSX Compile Error

Rixarn(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hello,

When trying to compile one of brucey's modules, I get the following error:

/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:32:23: error: my_global.h: No such file or directory
/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:34:19: error: mysql.h: No such file or directory
/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:39: error: ‘MYSQL_FIELD’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:39: error: ‘field’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:39: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:43: error: ‘MYSQL_FIELD’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:43: error: ‘field’ was not declared in this scope
/Users/cjimenez/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/dbmysql.mod/mysqlhelper.cpp:43: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘{’ token

etc.....

Any ideas? Thanks!

Derron(Posted 2014) [#2]
Did you install the Mysql headers / client libs?

Dunno how to do on a Mac, but this is needed as this ".h"-files are only needed for people developing with some libs. Your clients do not need this files - but you to compile successful.

Maybe the other errors are gone then too.

bye
Ron

Rixarn(Posted 2014) [#3]
I have compiled this before in Windows, and indeed there´s a lib/win32 folder with libmysql.a, but I don't see anything similar for OSX.

Brucey(Posted 2014) [#4]
For OS X and Linux, you will need the (32-bit) MySQL client libraries installed on your system.
You should be able to find them on the MySQL website : somewhere here

Rixarn(Posted 2014) [#5]
Thanks, Brucey! That did the trick :)