Asio support

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Asio support

wad(Posted 2013) [#1]
Is there any modules for this ??? i would have thought there would be by now , everything is asio supported nowadays :)

Can someone let me know i am willing to give my programs a new lease of life with the asio support :)

Lee

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
what is 'asio'?

I looked through my mods folder, and see several that have a number of asio.* filenames in their folders:

axe.portaudio
maxmod2.rtaudio
redi.maxmod2
bah.boost
bah.libtorrent
ofx.mod

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#3]
what is 'asio'?
Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO)

Henri(Posted 2013) [#4]
ASIO driver is a low latency driver for soundcards that support it. If I remember correctly maxmod is ASIO-complient.

-Henri

wad(Posted 2013) [#5]
cheers henri yeah thats one of brucey's isnt it ??

and yeah most soundcards have asio support now as it becomes more of a standard especially to the musicians out there.

Lee

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#6]
No, Maxmod is Redi's IIRC.

wad(Posted 2013) [#7]
ahhhhh cheers xlsior for the info :)

Lee

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#8]
But what for do you want ASIO? Asio was designed to allow sample-perfect syncronization between the sequencer and the A/D D/A conversor. It's a driver model for realtime audio recording and processing software, but I can't see how it would be useful to be used with BlitzMax games. It would require users to define buffer sizes, preferred bit depth, choose the desired output channels. adjust latency, etc.

wad(Posted 2014) [#9]
hi ziggy i am not writing a blitzmax game :)

i am working on a multi-track sequencer and it will use vst's also
thats why i want the asio support as it brings down the latency for using a external keyboard to a soft synth but my app would need a pass through sort of thing to do it :)

its not worth playing a keyboard with about 3 seconds delay is it :)

cheers

Lee

Matty(Posted 2014) [#10]
I thought you meant the Australian spy agency....

wad(Posted 2014) [#11]
lol matty