Unable to compile with BMK on Ubuntu 13.04

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Unable to compile with BMK on Ubuntu 13.04

SystemError51(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi all,

I have switched to Ubuntu as my primary OS. I know there are some packages I need to install, which I did. There's a post in the forums, which describes what exactly needs to be installed - generally BMK is working just fine.

However, when actually attempting to compile code, I do get this:

/usr/bin/ld: /home/mmck/Developer/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.mod/fltkmaxgui.release.mt.linux.x86.a(Fl_Preferences.cxx.release.mt.linux.x86.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlopen@@...'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'dlopen@@...' is defined in DSO /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/mmck/Developer/[NameOfProgram]

I also tried recompiling all modules since I read in another forum, that it is possible, that the modules were linked against an older libc. This has also yielded the same compiling error.

Does someone know about this? Or has anyone encountered the same issues?

Floyd(Posted 2013) [#2]
I've seen posts about similar problems. This might be the answer:

http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=100580

Derron(Posted 2013) [#3]
better follow the more current thread:
http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=101454

afterwards the error will be gone.

bye
Ron

SystemError51(Posted 2013) [#4]
Well... this bit -

Import "-ldl"

from Floyd's linked post, did solve the compilation error. However, when executing the program, it gave me a bunch of other errors that don't have to do with BMK itself - but rather with a certain library not working correctly. I'm fearing I won't be able to use BMK on Linux anymore.

JoshK(Posted 2013) [#5]
You will, it's just a pain to get working the first time. Tell us what the errors are.

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hang in there SystemError51!
Derron's link is a pretty good guide. It worked for me on Kubuntu 13.10!