Looking function that avoids overlap between image

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Looking function that avoids overlap between image

OscarBraindeaD(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi all,
I'm looking for an old blitzmax function, posted in these forums, but I can't find it.
The function is very useful to avoid that different enemies sprites overlaps each others.
Anybody knows where can I this function?

Thanks in advance

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2013) [#2]
are you talking about pixels from one sprite showing up at the edges of another sprite? or some other kind of overlap?

OscarBraindeaD(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hi ImaginaryHuman,
Imagine a group of enemies chasing the player sprite, getting his angle and advancing with this angle.
In a few seconds all enemies sprites (or almost all) will overlap each with another. The routine I said prevents
(sorry, I don't remember how it did) this behavior and the sprites didn't overlap anymore. The behavior that it emulates is similar to Gauntlet enemies...

GfK(Posted 2013) [#4]
Um, wouldn't basic collision detection do that? IIRC, Gauntlet, Alien Breed et al didn't do anything fancier than that.

OscarBraindeaD(Posted 2013) [#5]
Hi GfK,
maybe those games didn't do anything special but I don't know how to do that :)... I'm really lost with that... I'm trying to do something like, when in Blitz3d, two objects with slide collision collided... Sorry, my english is too poor to explain it better!

OscarBraindeaD(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hey! finally I found it!
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=95649#1103162

hope it can be useful for anybody!
Thanks!