Exception_Access_Violation

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Exception_Access_Violation

PhotonTom(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi all,
I've got a really advanced program (huge amount of code) and I sometimes get this error when I open the program, its not 100% of the time but enough to stop me from releasing the program.
My problem is this: When I create the executable in debug mode it comes across no bugs at all and works fine, its only when I create a release version that I get this bug. I could just distribute my program as the debug version but I feel this is cheating.
Is there any external program I can use to try to trace where or what is causing this error?
Thanks
EDIT: Just notices I've posted this in the general help.... sorry. Its actually written in BlitzMax so if someone could move the thread over to there it would be appreciated

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
Are you using Strict / Superstrict ?

If not, try modifying your program to do so -- it can help you catch lots of potential problems.

col(Posted 2013) [#3]
Also, one thing that *could* cause this is defining variables ( Global or Types ) after you're using them. Its bad practice obviously but it can happen inadvertently if you have lots of file dependencies. In debug mode it will work ok, however in release mode it may break without warning.