MaxIDE CE & BLIde

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MaxIDE CE & BLIde

dan_upright(Posted 2013) [#1]
Is the Community Edition of MaxIDE still supported? If so I have a bug to report: the first time I tried find and replace within a selection, it mangled a huge chunk of the file I was working with. By mangled I mean it seemed to take chunks at random and move them around. Also undo would only revert the last change I'd made by typing, not the stuff find and replace had done.

So after that, GfK pointed me toward the BLIde demo. Seems pretty amazing and more than likely a guaranteed buy, but I had a question and the forums on the BLIde site give me a 404, so I'll ask it here.

Is it possible to have projects move the compiled exe to a specific folder? I set up an unmanaged solution with seperate projects for my game and level editor and it tidied the files away into subfolders, which is nice, but it means I have to move the exes back into the main folder by hand or they can't find the shared graphics.

Derron(Posted 2013) [#2]
I do not use "BLIDE" (just having Geany for normal builds and maxide for debugging).

I have a "main.bmx" containing the main program and the includes (so it is compileable as main."exe".

I also have "mybinaryname.bmx" which does nothing than including "sources/main.bmx" (ok it also does some brucey-bmk-versionstring-magic).

So I do not build source files directly, but have a file to have a defined output path and name for my binaries.

bye
Ron

dan_upright(Posted 2013) [#3]
Just to clarify, I'm talking about *after* compilation, not during.

There's a folder with images in that both the editor and the game need to access and I'd prefer if both exes ended up in the same folder so they can share the images.

I know I can just change the code to make them look in say "../gfx/" rather than "gfx/", but the issue with that is I'm almost guaranteed to forget to change it back before I send out test versions.

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#4]
Is the Community Edition of MaxIDE still supported?

No it isn't. I once wrote Mark Tiffany (who uploaded MaxIDE CE) an email. His answer contains
I'm afraid that I am no longer active in the Blitz community - I haven't been for a good few years now.

That was around the time I started with indevIDE...

Derron(Posted 2013) [#5]
@dan:

just place a "yourbinaryname.bmx" in the folder there you want to have your .exe files.
Now just do an "include ../relativepathto/mainsourcefile.bmx"

This will compile to a "yourbinaryname.exe" which is located in the same file than your "yourbinaryname.bmx".

bye
Ron

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#6]
Is it possible to have projects move the compiled exe to a specific folder? I set up an unmanaged solution with seperate projects for my game and level editor and it tidied the files away into subfolders, which is nice, but it means I have to move the exes back into the main folder by hand or they can't find the shared graphics.
When adding a new project to a solution, be sure to uncheck the create a subfolder for project. that's why they're all on separated folders.
I supose you can move them and reimport, or just recreate the solution in another folder alltogether to get it working in a single folder.
Moving thing after build is not supported, but maybe I could add support for batch processes to be run after build, so anything can be moved, tweaked, etc?

dan_upright(Posted 2013) [#7]
Moving thing after build is not supported, but maybe I could add support for batch processes to be run after build, so anything can be moved, tweaked, etc?

That'd be handy to have, definitely.