Problems compiling

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Problems compiling

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello, been a while since I've had use Blitzmax, I thought I'd set everything up right but when trying to compile I get:

libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.2.12 but running with 1.5.13

Any ideas what that might mean? If I make a simple program and try loading LoadPixmapPNG it's fine but something in my editor is making it return null, and I'm getting the warning above.

Thanks!

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#2]
Ahh just found this thread: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=99513#1168409

But what to do to fix it... I do import bah.FreeImage, best check it's the latest...

[edit] hmm, was the latest version maybe that's the problem?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Well I think this is basically because I was mixing brl.pngloader with freeimage causing clashes so will just go through and switch everything to freeimage, will see if that works :)

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#4]
You can't use the default BlitzMax image modules with FreeImage (etc) because they are waaaaay out of date now, and are a bit incompatible with the latest releases - as per your build warning.

Even if your application does build successfully, having a mix of the same (but different versions of) a library in your application can cause all kinds of problems - at worst crashes.

I also have problems in this regard with wxMax, which wants to use libpng (etc). and have yet to work out the best course of action to resolve that.

Pete Rigz(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks Brucey, yeah it looks quite a bit out of date. I've switched everything to freeimage now but now I'm getting this in debug, do you recognise it from one of your modules?

//
// This is an automatically generated file.
// Do not edit.
//

const unsigned short expTable[] =
{
    0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 
    0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00, 0x3c00,

I've cut it short as there's quite a bit of it. It doesn't run after it's done that, however it does run in release mode, but am unable to import shapes, so I'm guessing perhaps still something I'm not doing right with freeimage. Maybe a clash with wx png lib like you were talking about?

Brucey(Posted 2013) [#6]
That looks like a crash dump.
You may want to rebuild everything and see how you get on.