Odd problems

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Odd problems

Tricky(Posted 2013) [#1]
Here is the current (development) version of my JCR5 tool.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40442193/JCR5_LZMA_Problem.zip

The module inside this zip file does compile without any problems at all in all platforms, though it gives a funny message in MacOS X, but, that's all.

When I use this module inside an application all three platforms will compile it, but only Mac is able to link it. Both Linux as Windows refuse to link it.

They do complain about reference errors inside the lzma code files that were used here.

Now I'm a total nitwit when it comes to C-Coding, so I wonder if there's somebody here who knows how to fix this?

(When you remove all lzma codes from the module, the problem doesn't occur, but that was not the solution I was aiming for).

matibee(Posted 2013) [#2]
Not quite sure what you're after. I've built the module but without sample code I can't test it.

Tricky(Posted 2013) [#3]
Just
import Tricky.JCR5

will do....

Any application using this module won't link in WIn32 and Linux

If you really need a function, just try

import Tricky.JCR5
BT:JCR_CreateStream = JCR_Create("myJCR.JCR")
BT.Addfile("MyFile","MyFile",2)
BT.Close

What I just need to find out is how I can get a program using this module will link in Win32 and Linux as that currently doesn't happen as soon as the app calls this module.

I hope that's clearer.

matibee(Posted 2013) [#4]
To get it to compile earlier I had to tweak the directory structure because you didn't include the tricky.mod base file(s)... Tricky.mod_mk_version or something?

Tricky(Posted 2013) [#5]
Ah yeah.... I forgot to put that one in.

MKL_Version and all functions with MKL may be put on rem or with ' as they only register the version number. It should not affect anything.
I updated the zip file, so it's included now (link is still the same) ;)

matibee(Posted 2013) [#6]
Ok, I've got it as far as you.. looking now

matibee(Posted 2013) [#7]
Sorry, it's beat me so far :/

I'd have expected the undefined reference error to occur because the code it's trying to reference hasn't been compiled or included for compilation.

Why didn't you keep the lzma mod, as a standalone module? Wouldn't that simplify things a bit?

Tricky(Posted 2013) [#8]
Because the module wouldn't compile that way at all. At least not on Mac.
(keeping it as a stand-alone mod, was indeed what I did at first).

The odd part is, when I just import it directly into a program and not as a module Mac doesn't give it's funny messages. I don't know how the other platforms would respond to that though.

What is also beyond me is that the linker causes problems and the compiler does not and that the Mac linker doesn't cause any problems at all...

As soon as I got the time, I will try the stand-alone mod on Win32 and Linux and see what that does, but I don't expect any great results. Beats me though why I should use a different method of this on Mac than on the other platforms, but ok... I gotta try ;)