SetGraphicsDriver & CreateGraphics help

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/SetGraphicsDriver & CreateGraphics help

Dekieon(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello everyone. I have been using Blitz3D for years, but decided to purchase Blitzmax and have noticed that it is quite a bit different.

I have been trying to start out small by playing with the commands and stuff, and I have a couple questions reguarding setting up the graphics screen.

First the command SetGraphicsDriver and CreateGraphics, both have flags. Do I need to set the flags in both commands, or do you just need to set it for one or the other, but not both?

Additionally, I have having trouble finding out what the different flags are for? I know what the BACKBUFFER is for, but what about DEPTHBUFFER, STENCILBUFFER, ACCUMBUFFER and ALPHABUFFER?

Second question is reguarding the drivers...What is the difference between GLGraphicsDriver, GLMax2DDriver, D3D7Max2DDriver and D3D9Max2DDriver? which is better (looks best, faster rendering, etc)?

Ferret(Posted 2012) [#2]
Ive you have been using B3B for years you will be up and running in no time.
On the right of the screen in the ide click "Modules" to view documentation and source of blitzmax commands.

I never set the driver, i just call GLGraphics()

Google "opengl buffers"

You can just use opengl commands in blitzmax, so search for opengl tutorials and books if you want to do opengl.

Last edited 2012