NeHe Tutorials for BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/NeHe Tutorials for BlitzMax

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all,

right now I'm trying to learn OpenGL directly (to avoid using other's engines, if you catch my drift). Everybody who ever touched OpenGL in some way, shape or form, has heard of the glorious NeHe (Neon-Helium) tutorials that get you started along the way.

The pages have examples for pretty much all languages and IDEs, but not for BlitzMax.

So I sat down wanted to see how much of it is portable, and I think for a start it's not too bad. It's also not much right now but I want to continue and port more of those.

For a start, I hope this helps someone.

Here are the first five lessons.

March 27, 2012
NeHe Tutorials, lessons 01-05 (BlitzMax)

Original NeHe Tutorials

Note:
I left out the comments in the code, but if you go to the original lesson pages, you'll get the full shebang. Also, code for window creation and "killing" has been omitted as those are built-in to BlitzMax. You may find a few minor changes I added, but nothing too substantial.

I'll update this with more lessons when I have them.

Last edited 2012

Oddball(Posted 2012) [#2]
Before you get too far in converting these you might want to check out this thread.

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#3]
I'll be damned :D

H&K(Posted 2012) [#4]
LOL, the first five are even in the ide you got with Bmax

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yeah yeah okay :D It's still fun for me to do those, since I want to use my own 3D framework for my game at this point.

kfprimm(Posted 2012) [#6]
https://github.com/kfprimm/nehe_bmx

You're welcome to contribute. One of these days I'll get around to updating them all.

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#7]
any body has no 13 working? I was trying to update the rest but I am stuck on no 13.

Learning5614(Posted 2015) [#8]
Actually this message is for SystemError51, I actually prefered this link to answer your question fully, I know this works great! Here's the link below;

https://github.com/kfprimm/nehe_bmx,

If this does not work then copy & paste the link in your browser.

Cheers,
Learning5614