Seams between quads

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/Seams between quads

Angus(Posted 2010) [#1]
I'm using OpenGL to draw to an Ortho display and am having trouble with seams between quads which I'd like to be directly adjacent. It's a problem when both are drawn in an "additional" way. When drawn larger on screen than the texture's pixel size, I get a single pixel wide overlap.

I've set the Min/Mag filters to Nearest, which has minimised the problem. I dont mind not having filtering, in fact everything looks much cleaner without it.

I've tried giving the textures borders then clamping, edge clamping them and border clamping them. None of these operations seem to affect the appearance at all.

I am using an odd ortho resolution. I've chosen it to match the sizes of box2D objects. The display, though it zooms in and out a bit, is often about 10-15 units across. Could this be my problem? Is it too far from the physical resolution? I've tried replacing all my floats with doubles but that doesn't change the appearance.

If all this is a bit opaque I'll hack together some code to show what I mean but if there's something obvious I could try, could anyone point it out to me?

Last edited 2010

Angus(Posted 2010) [#2]
Actually, ignore this for the time being, I'm doing something rather dim that would negate all my clamping arrangements.

Let me fix my dimness. If I still have a problem, I'll be back!

Edit: My dimness was the problem, all seamless and sweet now.

Last edited 2010