GLSL HELP?

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/GLSL HELP?

FBEpyon(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello,

For the last few days I have been trying to get GLSL to work on minib3d, so I figure I would post something here..

orignal post link

Can anyone help PLEASE!!

Taron(Posted 2010) [#2]
Well, first you should tell us what gfx board you're running (Nvidia, ATI or the horrible intel mobile?!).

Should you run an ATI, you'd have the fortune to hardcore test your GLSL shaders as it seems to be the most sensitive setup to syntax-rituals in the shadercodes.

Always use the GLdebugging of the shaders to see, if anything causes troubles to begin with. Piece by piece you eliminate issues.

Also, start as simple as possible, probably just with a color shader!

Make sure that your shader creation in the code is proper! (Haha, that's an equivalent to checking if you have your powercable plugged in...)

If you find an existing code that sets up shaders (like mine in the thread currently around this one) you'll be able to see an order in which things might best be done. GL is very, very sensitive to the order of your calls. (A statement I shall one day laugh about!)

And now to declare all the above a borderline-voidable reply: I have no clue about minib3d itself!

...and now for some consolation: GLSL has nothing to do with any wrapping language like BlitzMax, 3d or whatever, so some of the advice remains valid no matter what.

FBEpyon(Posted 2010) [#3]
As previous stated I'm trying to mix MiniB3d with shaders to add depth to my terrain, right now everything goes black using Tom's GLSL.BMX file.. I don't know how to attach the shader to objects already created with Minib3d commands like...

CREATEMESH() which makes a mesh using CREATESURFACE,CREATEVERTEX and ETC.

I'm using a Nvidia GTS 240 1GB so I'm going to go with its works with the shaders lol..