OpenGL and Windows

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/OpenGL and Windows

Chapman7(Posted 2008) [#1]
In OpenGL, say you wanted to size up a window, but it changed the size of whatever you are rendering. If you just wanted to change the size of the window, and only change the size of the viewport, how would I go about changing that? And if there a certain name for rednering like that?

Chapman7(Posted 2008) [#2]
... Dont everyone all post at once!

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#3]
Sorry, I didn't respond because, frankly, I have no idea what you're asking.
In OpenGL, say you wanted to size up a window, but it changed the size of whatever you are rendering.

I am guessing this means you change the size of the window but, as a by-product, it also changed the size of the rendered images. Is that right?
If so, post the code you're using.

If you just wanted to change the size of the window, and only change the size of the viewport, how would I go about changing that?

Aren't the size of the window and the size of the viewport seperate things?

And if there a certain name for rednering like that?

It might be a Projection Matrix.
Post the code you're using as this might make it more obvious what you're doing.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#4]
If you made your window bigger but you don't want to make your graphics scale as well, just keep defining your Viewport to be the same size in pixels as it was before. It's only when the viewport stretches with the window - e.g. your canvas graphics object automatically stretches when the window sizes due to the edges being locked to it, then you'll get the canvas automatically sizing as well. Otherwise it should stay fixed.

Chapman7(Posted 2008) [#5]
Ok, thanks man. ^^

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2008) [#6]
I'm not sure if the size of the canvas is considered the same thing as the size of the viewport, they are probably separate. You probably want to size your canvas to be the same size as the viewport which is the same size as you want it fixed at.