GL documentation in the IDE

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/GL documentation in the IDE

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#1]
I think it's about time that OpenGL commands are documented in the IDE documentation, and that these commands all show as hilighted tokens within the IDE. Has anyone taken steps towards achieving this? As a starter, I at least went through and put a bbdoc line before each Const and each Function so that these are now a) listed in the documentation, b) show the function parameters when you press F1 in the IDE, and c) show as hilighted in the IDE. I much prefer this to the guesswork involved in trying to remember what the functions are and what their parameters require. The ideal thing of course would be to get all of the `blue book` into bbdoc documentation so that it is available within the IDE for all commands, but having taken a look at it that is quite a lot of work. Anyway, here is my OpenGL.bmx file which you can put in the Public/OpenGL module folder, then run the Bin/Docmods program. Abracadabra.

You don't need to rebuild the module as no code has change. It's just a documentaton change. It's at least a first step, you might find it useful. It doesn't give any info on what the functions do or what the parameters can

Gavin Beard(Posted 2007) [#2]
wow, awsome thx, this saves me having to remember all the parameters or as i seem to do, try to compile to see what i am missing

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#3]
thanks, very usefull

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#4]
Glad someone is finding it of use. I think it would help to have this as default in the documentation, even if it doesn't really document anything other than the parameters. Pressing that F1 now is really helpful to remember rather than going to websites trying to find commands.

I haven't done the GLU commands yet, but will.

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#5]
see this thread

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68844

ksalomao(Posted 2007) [#6]
very good! thanks

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#7]
Good Work, AngelDaniel!