Borderless openGL context

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/Borderless openGL context

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#1]
I am importing brl.GLGraphics and using the following to create a windowed openGL context.

GLGraphics( scrx, scry, 0, rate, GRAPHICS_BACKBUFFER|GRAPHICS_DEPTHBUFFER )

But what if I wanted to create a borderless one, does anyone know how that is done without using maxgui and canvas?

I have searched a bit and not found something useful.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#2]
You'd have to tap into the window within the o/s using the o/s api and make some changes there. Just use MaxGUI that's what it's for.

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#3]
Its to be used in a module, and I cannot be certain that those who use it also have maxgui, therefore I was looking for at solution which did not use maxgui.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2007) [#4]
what about supporting the people who DO have maxgui?
;-)

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#5]
maxgui is going public domain isnt it?

in any case do you really want to write 3 chunks of code for each platform and maintain them

Like AD said use MaxGui its what its for...

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#6]
I needed the filesize of the final exe to be as low as possible, which is why I needed an alternative solution to MaxGUI.

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#7]
Then your only alternative is to write some code to make the context manually you can probably hack max2d's OpenGL driver to do it, but you'll need 3 separate solutions for each platform....

in glgraphics.linux.c for example you need to be looking at about line 220 or so and look up info on XCreateWindow api call (remembering there are a few different calls depending on circumstances)

Good Luck!

Bremer(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yes unfortunately it looks like noone else have gone down this road. I will have to dig into the sources and see if I cannot find what I need. Its only needed for the windows platform so at least that cuts away 2/3 of the job. Thanks for the suggestions so far anyways.