Multiple screens

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/Multiple screens

eindbaas(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hmmm, I had a post here but for some reason it it gone now. Anyway i have it working that Bmax renders onto two screens - which is actually one wide screen. I notice that the openGL-graphics suffer from a lot of 'tearing' (a friend told me that was the word for it).

is there any way to solve this?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#2]
There should be no tearing unless you forgot to ask for double buffering. If you do not ask for it and it is not default in the driver, you WILL get a single-buffered display and will see tearing.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#3]
As well, not all cards support hardware acceleration over multiple screens (normally only for a single screen) and software 3d ... erm I think the problem there is obvious :)

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#4]
As well, not all cards support hardware acceleration over multiple screens (normally only for a single screen) and software 3d ... erm I think the problem there is obvious :)

...Which sucks big time if you have one of the huge widescreen displays which require two seperate video-out ports to connect to it. Only half your display uses hardware accelerated 3D in that case, unless you also have a high-end video adapter which can accelerate both sides.