Opengl Tutorials

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/Opengl Tutorials

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi
Are there any tutorials on how to use opengl?
Or can someone guide me a bit?

I know there is the opengl cube example but I don't really understand it completly.

Thx

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
The Nehe tutorials, the first 6 should have come with your Bax inatalation.
And if you do a search here for "Nehe" you should find all the links. One is a link to a pdf of Nehe for Bmax etc

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yes but I dwlded them and they aren't working...

H&K(Posted 2006) [#4]
I know they dont work ;)

They are for an older version of Bmax. But if you do a search on here you will find how to fix them

Its often no more than changine the Bgl to GL and removeing the GCcollect stuff. (And the framwork has changed), but all the answers are on here.

Once you fix one, the fix is the same for all of them. If you want you can post the errors, and Ill have a go at telling you want is wrong. But honestly if you search with the error you will find out why

WarpZone(Posted 2006) [#5]
Can't Nehe just edit the original post? Or can't someone make a wiki or something? Centralized resources = teh win.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#6]
The Nehe tutorials are general tut for opengl, they have nothing to do with Bmax really. The first 6 that come with Bmax, well I would be very suprised if Skid (or whoever), havent fixed them. And the http://nehe.gamedev.net/ is probably the cental site.

And the threads here already have the corrections