Glgldrawtext Unreadable

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/Glgldrawtext Unreadable

KronosUK(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is it just me or is text written to screen using the gldrawtext command pretty unreadable?

Is there anyway to make the text bigger?

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#2]

Helper function to output some simple 8x16 font text.

Draws text relative to top-left of current viewport.

This function is intended for debugging purposes only - performance is unlikely to be stellar.

use DrawText instead, you can use your own font with it...

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#3]
It is a smallish font but it's okay for general output, debug data etc. It's just a helper function. I presume you're using the GLGraphicsDriver(). Just make your own font thing.

bradford6(Posted 2006) [#4]
drop your resolution down to 640X480

or use Drawtext instead.

also, see Assari's Drawtext tutorial in Tutorial forum. it is very good

H&K(Posted 2006) [#5]
Make sure you have a 3d card. (I know, I know)

I get this problem when Im developing on my laptop, which doesnt have a 3d card, and the software emulation HAL? (or what ever it is), doesnt do text properly on glscreen

KronosUK(Posted 2006) [#6]
as per another topic on here I think whats happening is some opengl commands situated "somewhere" in my program are interfering with the draw command. Having tested a simple gldrawtext prog on my laptop it works fine

:edit hmmm no I don't think thats it after all. Can anyone think of a reason why the text is not being drawn as a solid colour. It appears to be gray with white bits, if you get my drift.

KronosUK(Posted 2006) [#7]
Ok I found the source of the problem.Driver related(I have an ati x800). Changing the mipmap detail level to highest quality in display settings has corrected the problem.