gman and irrlicht

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/gman and irrlicht

Smokey(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi

I just can make work the new gman engine irrlicht
I use the lastest version 2005_12_04_irrlicht_mods.zip + IrrDX_v0_14.zip , since there no sample yet, I give it a try but even installed I can run my other program, I fallow the install step by gman but it seem that It can't find the interface for module gg.irrlicht, I put the gg.mod in the pub mod and the dll into the system32 and the .a in the lib dir but does't work any idea what's wrong?

I try to recompile the mod but does't work, I did bmk makemods pub.gg but it does nothing.

gman(Posted 2005) [#2]
hi again Smokey :) place the gg.mod not in pub.mod, but the root mod folder. gg.mod should be on the same level as pub.mod and brl.mod. so your blitzmax installation should look something like:

C:\BlitzMax
           \mod
               \brl.mod
               \gg.mod
                      \irrlicht.mod
                      \irrbmax.mod
               \pub.mod

hopefully that is a bit more clear?

Smokey(Posted 2005) [#3]
yes it's working now :) thanks gman, I put the gg into the pub dir... most of the time user that make mod use to put it there.

about the 3Impact, it's not a free engine, does the demo of 3Impact work with your interface?

gman(Posted 2005) [#4]
glad to hear you go it working :) as for 3Impact, i havent tried the demo with it but i believe it does work with it. it simply links in the 3Impact .a file and that comes with the demo i believe. maybe someone has tried it?

Smokey(Posted 2005) [#5]
did you have made some sample working with the lastest version of irrlicht ?

I download the terrainrendering sample and change the EDT_DIRECTX9 and EDT_DIRECTX8 to EDT_DIRECT3D9 and EDT_DIRECT3D8

I get the error "the application can start d3dx8d.dll" because it's unavailable, reinstall the application can make it work. the missing dll it's not In the archive IrrDX_v0_14.zip.

also did you still work on gg.IrrB3D ?

gman(Posted 2005) [#6]

the application can start d3dx8d.dll" because it's unavailable

please re-download IrrDX_v0_14.zip. i made a mistake when i built the original and linked in the wrong libraries.

also did you still work on gg.IrrB3D ?

yup. havent had a lot of time lately, but yes it is in the works still.

EDIT: i just posted the current gg.IrrB3D and source. available in the worklog.