the Blitz3d Engine On BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/the Blitz3d Engine On BlitzMax

Cronos(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello Mark , I would pay $$ to see the Blitz3d Engine On BlitzMax ;-)

I already registered the following products
BlitzPlus - I love it
Blitz3D - I love it
BlitzMax - open gl , direct x , it is confused for my

it doesn't exist :-(
Max-Blitz3D

P4 1.9Ghz ,512 Ram ,Geforce Fx 5200 ,DX9c ,WinXP

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#2]
Sorry to say but you have to wait patiently like the rest of us and it still will cost you.

N(Posted 2005) [#3]
Blitz3D's original will most likely not be ported at all to BlitzMax.

As for the new Max3D module in the works, time will tell. But for the record, it works better if you try to bribe people in private.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2005) [#4]
Are there any informations/estimates on how close the BlitzMax 3D component will be to Blitz3D?

maximo(Posted 2005) [#5]
Mark should release some cool screenshots of Blitz Max3D can do or some wip screenshots. All this secretess is not good, you must have some screenshots for us Mark.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#6]
Are there any informations/estimates on how close the BlitzMax 3D component will be to Blitz3D?

I seem to recall Mark mentioning somewhere that he would like to keep things (to a certain extent) similar to B3D with the entity system and so forth but I would expect several syntactic differences and new functionality.

Robert(Posted 2005) [#7]
Please can we not encourage pointless speculation. I look forward to seeing Max3D as-is when Mark is ready to show us.

N(Posted 2005) [#8]
Please can we not encourage pointless speculation.

No.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2005) [#9]
stuff stuff stuff... I want to see stuff...

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#10]
see marks new worklog... ETA 6 months

LeisureSuitLurie(Posted 2005) [#11]
The reason the 3D engine is being delayed is so it can be used for DNF.

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#12]
I don't think it is being delayed. I would rather have a working, stable solution in a few months then 3 major revisions over the same period.

Patience young jedi

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#13]
'Are there any informations/estimates on how close the BlitzMax 3D component will be to Blitz3D? '

I asked the same question when Mark's last worklog came out, even played the 'tell a fellow countryman will you?' card.

But he ignored me.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#14]
Well, it can only be different. I'm sure there will be some similarities: unified entity system etc. but I'm sure there is much Mark has learnt since Blitz3D that will mean changes.

Also, don't be surprised if the syntax is different:
myEntity.Position(x,y,z)
..maybe. This is pure speculation.