lines accross image

BlitzMax Forums/OpenGL Module/lines accross image

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#1]
What would cause white lines to be drawn accross a textured quad? I have a quad and the texture appears and the vertex colors affect the color also, but then I get this (usually single) straight light at some obscure angle, in white, accross the quad. When I position the quad at different coordinates the line sometimes stays in the same orientation and sometimes shifts to a different angle. There is no rotation going on in the modelview matrix. Also the line isn't fixed to where the edge of one of the triangles would be.

Any ideas?

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#2]
I ran into a possibly related issue, drawing a bunch of alphablended PNG images:

Initially, everything draws perfectly... Then if I unload every single one of my images, flushmem, etc. , change to a different screenmode and reload all images, one of them gets draws weird: the top of the image that should be alpha-blended into the background gets drawn as a straight, solid light-gray line.
(The actual sprite itself is all darkish-brown, drawn on a dark brown background. No gray present in either foreground or background. No rotation or scaling. Plain vanilla non-interlaced PNG image with alpha.)

Similar alpha gradients on the sides and bottom of the image are blended just fine.

Luckily I figured out an alternative system and I no longer need the sprite in question, but it was still a very weird issue to run into.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#3]
Dang! It sure is weird whatever it is. I wondered if it is something to do with alpha doing something odd. All I do is load an RGB PNG image and copy the red channel into the alpha channel. It has been working fine before when I uploaded only the alpha channel as a GL_ALPHA texture, but now I upload and use the whole RGBA I get these dumb lines on the screen. Blend mode is GL_ONE,GL_ONE.

[Edit] It seems that GL_ONE,GL_ONE produces the white lines, whereas GL_SRC_ALPHA,GL_ONE does not, even if the entire source alpha is 1.0.