klepto2(Posted 2005) [#1]
I hope I post it in the right forum:

A new Version of BasicGL
http://www.ag-tools.com
is announced for the end of this week.

The new Developer in the AG-Tools team said it in the AG-Tools Forums:

http://www.ag-tools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=359#359

Smokey(Posted 2005) [#2]
BlitzGL is an engine right? does the command in Blitzmax that it called BlitzGL is in relation with the bmax command ? or it's an individual group that making a engine.

Tom(Posted 2005) [#3]
BlitzGL is BRLs max module allowing core access to OpenGL.

BasicGL is some opensource Delphi GL library (I think GLScene?), wrapped in a DLL to work with Blitz/max/3d/plus.

puki(Posted 2005) [#4]
I'm glad that the BasicGL project is proceeding along.

Takuan(Posted 2005) [#5]
Good news.
But no words about whats going on with the documentation.

dmoc(Posted 2005) [#6]
...or licence?

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#7]
The documentation is more than 50% completed and I hope it will published together with the new Version.

kenshin(Posted 2005) [#8]
@dmoc: A copy of the license -

Copyright © 2004-2005

LICENSE AGREEMENT

1. Structure of "BasicGL"©
BasicGL includes all libraries required for work, and also samples of using and additional materials.

2. Activating agreement
Installing BasicGL on your computer with the purpose of use it in commercial of other activity, User thus takes up obligations on conditions of the present Agreement. If User does not agree with conditions of present Agreement, he should not install and use this Software.

3. Copyright on BasicGL package
The only legal exclusive property Owner of BasicGL package is its developer (www.ag-tools.com). All unauthorized attempts to modify, dustribute or use BasiclGL package in commercial activity are pursued under the copyright Law.

4. Using BasicGL
4.1. Using BasicGL package in commercial activity is allowed only under condition of purchase of the corresponding license and a registration code of an electronic key of protection at his owners.
4.2. Breaking the system of protection and any use of package BasicGL outside of conditions 4.1 of the present Agreement is qualified as a crime and pursued under the Law.
4.3. Installation and use of new versions of a package is made under the additional agreement of the parties after delivery by the Developer the registration code of an electronic key of protection.
4.4. Using the demonstration version of BasicGL package in the fact-finding purposes is free and does not demand payment. Demonstration version works without electronic key of protection with the restrictions established by the Developer. The Developer has the right to change restrictions of a demoversion without any prevention.

5. Rights and duties of the Developer
5.1. The Developer at own discretion makes completion of a package, eliminates the noticed program bugs and errors.
5.2. The developer does not suffer the responsibility for any damage, direct or indirect, caused to the User as a result of use of BasicGL package, its parts or updates.
5.3. In case of infringement of the present Agreement the Developer has the right to demand from the User the termination of use the BasicGL package, compensation of material and other damage; the Developer also has the right to stop unilaterally execution guarantee (or after-guarantee) obligations of without returning paid money for guarantee (or after-guarantee) service.
6. Rights and duties of the User
6.1. The User has the right to use package BasicGL on the conditions determined by item 4 of the present Agreement.
6.2. The User has the right to use got BasicGL package termless if he does not violate the requirements of the present Agreement.
6.3. The user who has got a registration code of an electronic key of protection, has the right to address for consultation by e-mail, by mail and by phone if other is not stipulated by additional contracts and agreements. Consulting service is provided by the Developer or by the Business-partner of the Developer.
6.4. The user has no right to make changes to BasicGL package and applied materials, disassemble, decompile, re-structure and create own software derivates of BasicGL package, and also to copy in full or in part the materials delivered in the complete set without the written sanction of the Developer.
6.5. The User individually responses for use BasicGL package and cannot demand from the Developer the performance of any other obligations concerning BasicGL package, except for stipulated by the present Agreement and the contracts made between the User and the Developer.
6.6. The User has the right to use BasicGL package only for the activity which has not been forbidden by the current legislation.
6.7. The User has the right to create copies of BasicGL package only for backup purposes.

7. Validity
7.1. The present Agreement operates termless.
7.2. Violating the terms of the present Agreement or its separate items by the User leads to the termination of executing the obligations by the Developer and compensation of harm to the Developer according to the current legislation.
8. Final provisions
8.1. The present Agreement cannot be understood as an establishment of contractual attitudes on any other questions directly not stipulated by the Agreement between the User and the Developer. The specified attitudes can be established by additional contracts between the Developer and the User.
8.2. The recognition by the court any of term of the present Agreement void or not subject to obligatory execution does not attract invalidity or impracticability of other terms of the Agreement.
8.3. In case of infringement by the User the terms of the Agreement the Developer has the right to undertake actions in protection of the interests according to the current legislation.

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#9]
New docs are now available:

http://www.ag-tools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=368#368

Takuan(Posted 2005) [#10]
Wasnt there a thread where someone posted something like BasicGL is using GLScene but hasnt free source code which GLScene License demands?
Not sure but wasnt there a similar post about Arkons ODE, he wanted to sell?

(above are just fragments of my memory, dont bash me if i am totaly wrong, wrote it to make the question more clear)

What happens to a developer selling stuff created by third party software, if the third party software (like BasicGL) is breaking a license?

Please dont get this as BasicGL bashing thread, looks like arkon and co dont give up on this and i am more and more tempted to use it.
So i just wonder if its save to use...

RifRaf(Posted 2005) [#11]
where do you put everything from the zip to try the samples

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#12]
you have to copy "mod" folder in your "blitzmax" folder
and then you can simply open the the Samples in Bmax.

There is also a readme.txt in the setup folder!