BlitzMaxNG on android based device (Not a request)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax NG/BlitzMaxNG on android based device (Not a request)

Sashkakuhta(Posted 2016) [#1]
In short, RPi version of bmx-ng from bmx-ng.com can work and compile other apps on android devices with arm-based cpu.

You'll need rooted device and linux deploy application with ubuntu (i use wily, xenial should work too) installed.
BlitzMax folder from archive should be placed in home directory because other places will have problems with permissions, noexec flags and all that stuff. Also i needed to install dependencies from bmx-ng.com site plus libgles2-mesa, libgles2-mesa-dbg and libgles2-mesa-dev packets. My installation was not fresh and had lots of packets already installed, so on fresh installation installing more packets may be needed.

Main problem is that graphics doesnt work, app just segfaults on graphics command, though es2gears works. Second problem is that threaded applications can segfault occasionaly, bmk can do that when building modules.

P.S. Sorry for my English, this text is probably full of errors

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
Are you having trouble running android NG apps? Try downloading the vanilla version (Blitzmax 1.50) and do the upgrade to NG.

https://github.com/bmx-ng/bmx-ng/releases

SDL driver only works on android so you have to use

Framework sdl.gl2sdlmax2d

everytime. At least that works for me.

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#3]
Are you having trouble running android NG apps

No, I think he's commenting on the fact that he's managed to get NG running in ARM Linux on devices that would usually run Android.
Cool :-)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#4]
good! this is just why I asked him

Main problem is that graphics doesnt work, app just segfaults on graphics command, though es2gears works. Second problem is that threaded applications can segfault occasionaly, bmk can do that when building modules.