[Solved] NG Rebuild Module Errors (Latest BCC/BMK)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax NG/[Solved] NG Rebuild Module Errors (Latest BCC/BMK)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
So I got to build the latest bcc(0.78) and bmk using vanilla bmx and rebuild all my NG modules with target win32

Just starting with blitz.mod, I'm easily getting these errors:

C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/.bmx/blitz.bmx.debug.win32.x86.h:34:2: error: unknown type name 'bbObjectReserved_m'
  bbObjectReserved_m m__reserved1_;
  ^
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/.bmx/blitz.bmx.debug.win32.x86.h:35:2: error: unknown type name 'bbObjectReserved_m'
  bbObjectReserved_m m__reserved2_;
  ^
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/.bmx/blitz.bmx.debug.win32.x86.h:36:2: error: unknown type name 'bbObjectReserved_m'
  bbObjectReserved_m m__reserved3_;

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#2]
You will also need the latest brl and pub mods if you are upgrading bcc.
Whenever you get a new bcc with a version number increase there's a high chance that there are also compatiblity updates for the main modules.
For example, the "reserved" fields no longer exist in the current version.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks, will do that now. :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#4]
Ok so after downloading the latest BRL and PUB mod, I got past 16% and now getting these errors:

C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s: Assembler messages:
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:2: Error: no such instruction: `format MS COFF'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:4: Error: no such instruction: `public __bbExEnter'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:5: Error: no such instruction: `public __bbExThrow'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:7: Error: no such instruction: `section "code"code'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:9: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:10: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `4'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:12: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[esp+4]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:14: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 1 `[edx+0]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:15: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 1 `[edx+4]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:16: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 1 `[edx+8]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:17: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 1 `[edx+12]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:19: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[esp]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:20: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 1 `[edx+16]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:21: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 1 `[edx+20]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:23: Error: too many memory references for `xor'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:26: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:27: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `4'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:28: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `8'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:30: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[esp+4]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:31: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[esp+8]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:33: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[edx+12]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:34: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[edx+8]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:35: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[edx+4]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:36: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[edx+0]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:38: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[edx+20]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:39: Error: invalid char '[' beginning operand 2 `[edx+16]'
C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s:40: Error: too many memory references for `add'
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BMXNG/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s

Derron(Posted 2016) [#5]
what is written, when you do this from within "C:\BMXNG\bin": gcc -v

I had a conversation with Brucey yesterday: albeit I had "MinGW32" filled with the MinGW I wanted, BMX still used, what was available via "%PATH%" (so eg. a globally installed MinGW). This only happened in my Micro XP VM - so odd circumstances might lead to an OS returning the wrong "gcc" to BMX - even when executed via "BMXPATH/MinGW32/bla"

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#6]
I have a copy of MinGW 5.1 installed since the Win32 release I got is also 5.1, so this is gcc -v on C:\BMXNG\bin

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=C:/MingW/bin/../libexec/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/5.1.0/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: x86_64-w64-mingw32
Configured with: ../../../src/gcc-5.1.0/configure --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --enable-targets=all --enable-languages=ada,c,c++,fortran,lto,objc,obj-c+
+ --enable-libgomp --enable-lto --enable-graphite --enable-cxx-flags=-DWINPTHREAD_STATIC --disable-build-with-cxx --disable-build-poststage1-with-cxx
--enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-threads=posix --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-fully-dynamic-string --enable-libstdcxx-threads --enab
le-libstdcxx-time --with-gnu-ld --disable-werror --disable-nls --disable-win32-registry --prefix=/mingw64tdm --with-local-prefix=/mingw64tdm --with-pk
gversion=tdm64-1 --with-bugurl=http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/bugs
Thread model: posix
gcc version 5.1.0 (tdm64-1)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#7]
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=C:/MingW/bin/../libexec/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/5.1.0/lto-wrapper.exe

Is there a MinGW in "C:\MingW" stored? If yes, it might be different to the one you have in "C:\BMXNG\bin".

I had issues compiling before too - once I removed (renamed) the MinGW installation stored in the %PATH% (environment variable "PATH"), it (re-)compiled flawless.

bye
Ron

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#8]
blitz_ex.win32.x86.s is not part of NG.
I think you have installed the wrong modules ;-)

Look for them here : https://github.com/bmx-ng

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#9]
Ok thanks Brucey, I'm kinda confused because I downloaded using this repo:

https://github.com/bmx-ng/brl.mod

which says, "BlitzMax NG BRL modules port"

and also finding this inside which you pointed out is not part of NG..

https://github.com/bmx-ng/brl.mod/blob/master/blitz.mod/blitz_ex.win32.x86.s

I'm only seeing one BRL.mod repo, so which one should I download?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#10]
@Derron, yes even when I removed or renamed the MinGW folder I'm still getting these errors.

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#11]
and also finding this inside which you pointed out is not part of NG

Yes, it is still there, but it is not used by the compiler. The NG compiler does not see it because blitz.bmx does not refer to it.

In the standard blitz.mod/blitz.bmx there is the following section:
?Win32X86
Import "blitz_ex.win32.x86.s"
Import "blitz_gc.win32.x86.s"
Import "blitz_ftoi.win32.x86.s"

This is commented out in the NG version of the same file.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#12]
Ok I see now. what I did was download a zip package. I'll do a clone and try again. thanks Brucey!

Git Cloned and Problem Solved :-) Thanks to all