MiniB3D colours off?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/MiniB3D colours off?

Sonic(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi guys,

I am building a new framework for an isometric-ish game, using planes made out of MiniB3D surfaces, and I'm slightly frustrated in trying to get the colours to match the values in Photoshop.

I have no lighting, and have experimented with full-bright mode, as well as flat-shaded etc. But I'm pretty sure this is not the right avenue to explore, as the CLS colour itself is off. I have a specific sky colour in Photoshop, and have set the CameraClsColor to match it, but when I run the program and grab a screenshot, all the colours appear to have less red, and more green in their RGB values, than the original image.

Is there anything that could be causing this? Or is it simply down to OpenGL?

Thanks in advance!

- Jasper

*(Posted 2012) [#2]
Have you tried something like:
Graphics 640, 480, 32
Setcolor R, G, B         'where these are the colours you want to check

repeat
   cls
   DrawRect 0, 0, graphicswidth(), graphicsheight()
   flip
until Keydown( KEY_ESCAPE )=1
end

This will show you if its minib3d or OpenGL as a whole :)

Sonic(Posted 2012) [#3]
Interesting! It's must be OpenGL, then, as the same colour shift occurs with this program.

I wonder why this is happening? (This is on Mac, btw.)

ima747(Posted 2012) [#4]
Is your monitor calibrated properly?

Sonic(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yes, I'm working with calibration turned off in PS, but whether I do or not, PS will still report the same RGB values.

The Cls colour is set to 102,153,255, but when I run the program and capture an image from it, it appears as 87,173,255 in PS. As far as I can tell, the captured image is correct (ie, side by side with the running program, the captured image has the same colours.)