Dissable Mipmapping?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Dissable Mipmapping?

AvestheFox(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm not new to Blitz 3D, but I am new to MiniB3D

So, I'm wondering... can you disable the texture mip-mapping (blurring of textures)?

In Blitz 3D I had to install a directx related .dll which gave the program some extra functions that enabled me to do this. But I'm not sure if I can do the same with miniB3D ... you know, since its a module and all that... :P

Also since I'm writing a game for all three platforms (Windows/Mac/Linux) I'd like to use OpenGL rather than Direct X. Do I need to tell the program what to do about that? or does it automatically detect the settings for me?

thanks!

Krischan(Posted 2012) [#2]
Hmm try to use "ClearTextureFilters()" after Graphics3D in minib3d.

AvestheFox(Posted 2012) [#3]
hmm, nope, that doesn't seem to work the way I want it.

I'm using low res textures for a very old-school look. I want them to look pixelated.

Like Wolfenstien and Doom old-school

AvestheFox(Posted 2012) [#4]
I've figured it out.

Had to edit some things in the module. :P

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#5]
That is the correct way to turn of mipmapping, as it would allow you to manually turn it on at your discretion per texture load.

But to get the pixelated look, you would need to turn off the weighted average in the AdjustPixmap Resize() function.
I don't think ( i could be wrong) that you need to add a mipmap GL_NEAREST filtering option within the render routine.

fyi I added these options into the monkey version of miniB3D.

Last edited 2012

AvestheFox(Posted 2012) [#6]
@AdamRedwoods

awesome! I'm considering getting Monkey in the next few months or so. so that would be great :)