Using MiniB3D

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Using MiniB3D

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey Guy's,

How do you set up a MiniB3D programming enviorment ? Do I have to download something before ?

Twinprogrammer

Last edited 2012

kfprimm(Posted 2012) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/file/get.php?file=/Products/demos/minib3d-v054.zip

Instructions are included. You'll need MinGW if you're on Windows.

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#3]
I was just looking at the ReadMe, and was wondering, What is the difference between the B3D SDK and MiniB3D ? Should I download that too ?

Last edited 2012

Yasha(Posted 2012) [#4]
-- The SDK uses the original Blitz3D engine, more or less (C++/DirectX 7), whereas miniB3D is a complete rewrite (BlitzMax/OpenGL).

-- The SDK is discontinued, and prior to that was a commercial, closed-source product, so there are no legitimate downloads for it; miniB3D is (if I understand Si's comments correctly) public domain, or at least permissive-open-source.

-- miniB3D doesn't fully support the B3D command set; the SDK does supposedly support the full B3D command set, but apparently not all of it works as advertised.

In other words, no. It's a dead product, and you've got plenty of other B3D-clones to choose from (several miniB3D-derived, MaxB3D from kfprimm above, something made out of Irrlicht, a few others).

Unless you meant do you need the SDK to run miniB3D, in which case: definitely not, quite the reverse, the whole point of miniB3D was that at the time of its conception no such solution existed for BlitzMax. They are friendly rivals, not components of the same tool.

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#5]
Where do I place the 'Sidesign' folder? I put the folder in the Blitz Max/Mod
Folder , but when I run any code , It fails to run ( even a Print "hello , world !". What do I do ?

josk(Posted 2012) [#6]
Put it in the mod folder, dont forget to rebuild all modules.
In max goto program rebuild modules.

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#7]
Alright Thanks ! I'll tell you if I have any problems !
Twinprogrammer

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#8]
Blitz Max won't let me rebuild the docs . How do I rebuild it ? Or is it just a bug ?