Latest Version - V0.54

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Latest Version - V0.54

simonh(Posted 2011) [#1]
This is basically V0.53 combined with the small fixes version.

Download from here.

GitHub:

https://github.com/si-design/minib3d

Last edited 2012

Yasha(Posted 2011) [#2]
Awesomesauce. Thank you for updating the main download!

ima747(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yay! thanks simon, much easier to keep track of the official versions :0) Out of curiosity, are you planning on migrating the updates into iOS? my iMiniB3D is still running like a champ, but I've touched it up a couple times (I think I reported my adjustments when I made them... was a while ago...)

Last edited 2011

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#4]
Thanks for the release!

simonh(Posted 2011) [#5]
Yay! thanks simon, much easier to keep track of the official versions :0) Out of curiosity, are you planning on migrating the updates into iOS?

Yes I will try and keep the different versions in sync.

At the moment the iOS version is actually ahead of the BlitzMax version in a few ways. I need to update the BlitzMax version to match the iOS version.

FBEpyon(Posted 2011) [#6]
How much further is the iOS version..?

ima747(Posted 2011) [#7]
Right on, thanks simon! Love to see activity on MiniB3D since I still use it every week at a minimum :0)

simonh(Posted 2011) [#8]
The iOS version is a bit more efficient in places. Check the RenderWorld source code for both and you'll see they're different.

Spacechimp(Posted 2011) [#9]
Hey Simon,

I wanted to say thank you for continuing work on minib3d. Good job!

Amon(Posted 2012) [#10]
Any news on bringing the iOS version modifications to the Max Version?

simonh(Posted 2012) [#11]
I've just got the new version of iminib3d out the way, so hopefully I can do it next.

Amon(Posted 2012) [#12]
Ta! Looking forward to the update.

*(Posted 2012) [#13]
Any eta on the update?

simonh(Posted 2012) [#14]
No, sorry.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#15]
@Si:
Is minib3d supposed to work with Windows Vista?

EDIT: works with MinGW linked

Neochrome(Posted 2012) [#16]
Will this allow for Bumbmapped textures such as my old DDS textures and Dot3 stuff?

simonh(Posted 2012) [#17]
Not sure what bumbmapped is but no it doesn't do bump mapping I'm afraid.

*(Posted 2012) [#18]
Is minib3d still being worked on as I want to use it for Star Rogue i have a prototype already in place for star system creation but wondered if its gonna get anything else added?

If anyones interested i can post code for editing ttextures in minib3d as star rogue relies on procedural generation.

Shagwana(Posted 2012) [#19]
Always interested in extra code :)
+ Hoping its still being developed!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#20]
+ Hoping its still being developed!

I've spent a lot of time porting minib3d for monkey-- and adding a lot of new features such as shaders and normal mapping.
http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=3211

Last edited 2012

*(Posted 2012) [#21]
Ah brilliant can you still edit the ttextures pixmaps this is the one feature i need most after that i call some gl code to replace the opengl entry then go from there. If you can do that i might move the whole project to monkey and see what happens :)

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#22]
can you still edit the ttextures pixmaps

yes, I wrote a complete TPixmap class for monkey. you can modify the pixels. i needed this feature for power-of-two textures.

you would probably use the new function:
Function LoadTexture:TTexture(pixmap:TPixmap,flags:Int=9, tex:TTexture = Null)

to load any changes to the texture.

*(Posted 2012) [#23]
Excellent i will have a look :)

Juggernaut(Posted 2013) [#24]
AdamRedwoods: Will you implement these features too ?

http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=5703

To Do:
- collada
- Flash shaders
- bones to quat/matrix internals
- vector class to use src,dst (minimize GC)
- fix win8
- png 4-bit support
- glow shaders, shadows
- physics
- terrain

Have you already implemented them ? Will the shadow system support relatime - dynamic shadows for both static and skinned models in the scene using shadow mapping ?

Streaksy(Posted 2014) [#25]
Still waiting for the multiple sets of texture coordinates for vertices. That would bring back a lot of freedom for things like lightmapping. Would be quite a game-changer. Blitz3D had it and it made way for so much polish... Shadows and physics and shaders are one thing but this should be pretty easy to implement. :/

While I'm at it, if vertex alpha was per-coordinate-set aswell, nice texture blitting would be easy for game programmers.

There's such a great tool set here, if this one thing was back in the mix I'd be blowing up. ;/ I've gone all this time without saying anything. ;/

Streaksy(Posted 2014) [#26]
Decided to look at the code to see if I can add it myself.

It's already there.

My god I'm stupid. All this time. Why did I think it wasn't there yet???