iMiniB3D in xcode 4.x

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/iMiniB3D in xcode 4.x

ima747(Posted 2011) [#1]
Finally switched to XCode 4.x from 3.x with the iOS 5 GM release so I've been poking some projects to play nice with the new systems. Here's some problems that seem pretty common and my workarounds for them relating to iMiniB3D.

* Can't find a .app to share with testers
- I still don't know where they hide them in process, but if you make an archive you can then right click it in the organizer to show it in the finder, then right click it in finder to show contents, drill down deep enough and you'll find the app. What you're supposed to do now however is use an IPA by creating an archive and then clicking share in the organizer... you may run into more problems related to this so read on.

* Projects with multiple targets and or linked projects can't be shared or submitted through the organizer
- Library targets/projects (such as iMiniB3D) should have their "Skip Install" flag under Build Settings set to no AND (this hung me up for a while) under Build Phases move the public and private headers into the project category...

* Projects are missing an architecture and won't submit to apple.
- For some reason armv6 has been dropped even on old projects that are still mandated to support it (i.e. something you submitted with armv6 must still support it with new releases...). Go to your build settings for each involved target (don't forget the iMiniB3D lib in addition to your app...) and replace the standard automatic target for the build you use for archiving (distribution and or release, or everything if you'd like...) with an entry for armv6 and another for armv7 (double click the build target, delete the existing entry and use the + at the bottom to create new ones).

Hope this helps someone, it was a PITA to get all 3 of these things resolved with the transition and one of the reasons I put it off so long... the main one being XCode 4 crashed every 15 minutes or less on my computer until recently so I really couldn't shift...

Ian Thompson(Posted 2011) [#2]
All VERY handy tips, thank you!