does this use Dx9 or 7.

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/does this use Dx9 or 7.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#1]
quick question, since this is a max mod I was wondering what the render engine is, is it DX7 like B3D or is it DX9 or GL ?

Not that it really matters all that much, just with all the recent talk of B3D starting to have issues on Win 7 Machines I thought I would find out, i have a few B3D projects still to finish so considering porting them all over to Max & MiniB3D as long as its not going to have the same windows 7 issues.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#2]
IIRC MiniB3D uses OpenGL

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#3]
- It uses OpenGL.

- It works with MaxGUI (you can have a MaxGUI app with a Canvas gadget displaying 3D graphics).

- It works with Win7 if the system's hardware supports OpenGL at all.

- It's quite, quite close to how Blitz3D behaviors but you will find differences. Stick to the official releases\patched-versions if you want it working out-of-the-box.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#4]
OpenGL 1.5 or 1.6 I thing to be exact... OpenGL base is why it works cross platform. Iminib3d branch is OpenGL ES 1.1 FYI if looking at further platforms as well.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#5]
I dont have monkey so wont be building anything for mac or linux for that matter, so I only need to cover PC at the moment, I will worry about other platforms ocne I have a working product.

Thanks for the info guys..

ima747(Posted 2011) [#6]
FYI, Bmax is cross platform, nothing to do with Monkey...

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#7]
Yeah I miss read the reply. ignore me.

EDIT - I mean miss typed, was reading a monkey post at the time of writing and was tabing back and forth. anyway. yeah lol. me being blonde.

Last edited 2011