Lots of fixes what version to use?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Lots of fixes what version to use?

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#1]
Ok I have my main project that's an rts and I'd like to make a space game that's quite simple and a bit of fun. I understand a few people I think one being warner have modded minib3d so you don't get gimbal lock but this code isn't in the official version as far as I know? So do I have to edit my version with warners code or is there a version for down load with all the over bug fixes? Plus the fixes posted every now and again like the collision bug in a resent post are these being added by Simon because as there's no list of bug fixes it quite hard to keep track of them?

ima747(Posted 2011) [#2]
The small fixes version is the most complete and up to date. the gimble lock fix has to be added manually, it isn't part of the small fixes because it fundamentally changes the rotation math and would take the project out of sync with B3D on which it's based. Additionally it doesn't work universally (not all functions are updated for it, for my projects it causes total failure).

There may be a few fixes that are not yet implemented in the small fixes variant.

The small fixes variant is designed as a stop gap until simon releases an official update that includes them. It only contains fixes that have been vetted by the community to not interfere with anything else.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#3]
ah OK, its a shame about the rotation thing but i guess i can live with it as my main project is fine as is. Thanks for clearing things up. Small fixes is the way to go at the moment then.