Screenshots

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Screenshots

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#1]
Here's proof that miniB3D works flawlessly on MacOS!

My game Fruzzle, ported from blitz3d to it, running on MacOS. It's also running on Windows and Linux! :)

Let's make this an screenshots thread, from various games or programs made with miniB3D, to show everyone how powerful it can be!

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#2]
Apparently no one wants to play? I'll keep posting...

BlitzSky ported to minib3d :)

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#3]
Go on then ;)

here's my latest in video form: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzkW4rEjceY

It's Max*MiniB3D*Brucey!

Cheers
Charlie

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#4]
I don't have anything to post yet :#

Hang in there, perhaps in a few months I'll join you (cute first pic btw).

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#5]
Making progress....the game is based loosely on Paradroid, but with more action.

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#6]
Wow, very polished. I hope it plays as well as it looks.

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#7]
nice!

BLaBZ(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hey Charlie! That's a sweet video, was the done with minib3d?!

How'd you do the particle effects?!

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#9]
Yeah, minib3d. I wrote my own single surface texture thing for the particles, as minib3d's sprites are too slow for what i wanted.

Cheers
Charlie

ima747(Posted 2011) [#10]
Any chance for a sample or an overview of how you did it? Looks fantastic!

BLaBZ(Posted 2011) [#11]
Yah! I'd love to see your single surface texture thing lol,

I need to implement particles in my game and have been using the sprites, but like you said, they're wayy to slow

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#12]
I don't think sprites are *that* slow... I have a initial port of Blitz3D "Eole Particle System" - and this is a test of it running:

453 particles on screen, ~80 fps, using sprites.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#13]
Depends on a lot of things. They're fine for everything I've ever needed, but faster is always better since it leaves more overhead for other stuff :0)

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#14]
What makes them slow, the whole TMesh.update() function overhead? Or creation/deletion?

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#15]
It is the Update() overhead, because in the end you are having one call for each quad (if you're using sprites), as they are considered separate meshes. All those state calls... that's pretty expensive.

BLaBZ(Posted 2011) [#16]
I occasionally have over 1200 particles that need updating, intense overhead

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#17]
My OpenGL particle stuff is much faster than the built in sprite stuff, but it's quite case specific in that it relies on the camera facing in a constant direction (in this case towards negative z). It's pretty useless for anything other than a game played on a 2d plane with a 2d camera. I'm using meshes for the ships etc. but it's all 2d.

Now, if someone where to come up with a fast billboard sprite routine....

Cheers
Charlie

ima747(Posted 2011) [#18]
I'm still interested. 2D in 3D is great, it allows for crazy easy transforms (like zooming) since you just move the camera a bit... neat effects with ease too since you have a Z axis to play with... It's a great base from which to maximize minimal art assets (important when you're working on the cheap)