iMinibB3D port to Android?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/iMinibB3D port to Android?

ima747(Posted 2010) [#1]
I've got a minib3d project, which I will shortly be spinning off an iphone variant of. I will eventually need to make an Android variant as well, wondering how hard it might be to port the iphone version over to NDK in the android SDK (since it's C++ already, not objective C) rather than having to move my project to a whole new engine...

Would be CRAZY great to be able to use one engine across all popular platforms these days... just missing a web port of some kind before it could take over the world...

simonh(Posted 2010) [#2]
I'd like to do this, but I don't currently have an Android phone. Hopefully I'll get one soon though.

FBEpyon(Posted 2010) [#3]
yeh, I would love to see this as well, I have 3 android phones and would like some quick programming commands :(

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#4]
Android market is on the up.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#5]
I (after MUCH swearing) got eclipse and the android simulator working, perhaps that would be enough to get you started simon? if you needed hardware I may be able to finagle an extra testing device as my project progresses that I would be happy to send you way... contact me directly if you would be interested and I'll see what I can do, I know you've been wary of donations in the past but you still deserve some toys now and then :0)

FBEpyon(Posted 2010) [#6]
I could slide a few things as well, once I figure out what my wife wants to do with her old Eris :p, and then we can all work on something.. Android would be a great push sense you don't need to have people buy your programs they can get them for free with ads on the game of course, but thats just a minor detail.

EDIT - C++ Support is not out yet, or I can't seem to get the NDK to work :(