Cube Frenzy release for iPad/iPhone!

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Cube Frenzy release for iPad/iPhone!

JoeRetro(Posted 2010) [#1]
This imaginative app entertains for hours! The cubes burst from the screen, as if by magic with a simple finger swipe. This game is fun for kids of all ages!

I really have no idea how it's going to be received by the public. My goal was to write something quick and submit it to Apple so that I could experience the app approval process. I've submitted games in the pass with few problems. But, these days Apple has a more rigorous test/approval process.

Many thanks to Simon for releasing iMinib3d! I believe this library has a lot of potential for future applications in the mobile market.

iTunes Link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cube-frenzy/id375658081?mt=8

jkrankie(Posted 2010) [#2]
Nice work! And best of luck too :)

I'm going to have a go at making an iPhone game after i've finished Scoregasm, so it's reassuring to know that your iMiniB3D project got accepted, seeing as that's what i was planning on using!

Cheers
Charlie

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#3]
Neat idea, it hope it is well received!

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#4]
so it's reassuring to know that your iMiniB3D project got accepted
Don't forget si (the programmer of imini) has already got his game accepted before - check out:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gerball-for-ipad/id364763220?mt=8

And I command you to purchase this and write a glowing review if you have used iminib3d in your product. Thats the least you can do to show support :D

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#5]
Y'know that's a good point, I hadn't thought about it like that. Simon, have you released it only on iPad so far? I have an iPhone but not an iPad.

JoeRetro(Posted 2010) [#6]
Nice work! And best of luck too :)

thanks jkrankie!!

And I command you to purchase this and write a glowing review if you have used iminib3d in your product. Thats the least you can do to show support :D

Yeah, I've bought his game and left a review before I even started iminib3d development. Although, if you REALLY want to support simon one should send him some of their app/game proceeds.

Simon, have you released it only on iPad so far? I have an iPhone but not an iPad.

You can purchase the game even if you do/don't have the available devices ;)

simonh(Posted 2010) [#7]
Game purchases and reviews are appreciated of course but the best thing for me would be for people to have a button in their game that goes to the gerball AppStore page.

The hardest thing about the AppStore is getting exposure for your app and any cross-promotion would help a lot. Who knows, maybe we could have a little cross-promotion network for all iminib3d apps.

gerball on the iPhone has passed the review process, but I'm waiting to hear back from Miniclip about a possible publishing deal before I go ahead with the release. They're currently umming and ahhing about it, so if they continue to umm and ahh I'll go ahead with the release myself at the end of the week.

John Pickford(Posted 2010) [#8]
What does a publisher offer that you can't do for yourself? Are they going to spend money on marketing?

simonh(Posted 2010) [#9]
Spend money on marketing? Doubt it.

It's mainly just for eye balls. Their site, which has a dedicated iPhone section, has huge amounts of traffic, plus they already have a number of top 10 AppStore games, which can lead to further 'From this publisher' sales, etc.

The only way to make big money on the App Store is to get in the top 50 charts. The only way to do that is to sell thousands of copies a day. To do that without the help of a big publisher is hard, although admittedly not impossible.

Floyd(Posted 2010) [#10]
There's roughly a quarter of a million apps on the App Store. That tells you the typical one gets almost no attention.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#11]
What does a publisher offer that you can't do for yourself? Are they going to spend money on marketing?
They also have a line to apple and suggest which titles are featured. Apple doesn't always have to listen but they get that bit further than we do with them.

JoeRetro(Posted 2010) [#12]
Version 1.1 is now available!

Here are 3 promo codes (Highly recommended for iPad users):

L99J6W63NNYM
EW6TPRTR4TKJ
3HNPAKPJXLFY

Much appreciated for reviews :)

ima747(Posted 2010) [#13]
Yoinked the first code, will give it a go and review asap, thanks!