Enabling/disabling FSAA in iMiniB3d?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/Enabling/disabling FSAA in iMiniB3d?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi guys its been added for opengl ES 1.1 and 2.0 with iOS4... any idea how to enable (where to look) in iminib3d as I'd like to have a go at compiling it in.

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#2]
Well for the new iPhones at least anti-aliasing is pointless, because they pixels are so small you can't see them anyway.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#3]
Yes but this works on 3gs and 3g (apple has said those phones benefit the most)

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#4]
it does not work on 3G
its OGL ES2.0 device only (3GS+)

the really bad thing about it is that the ipad and the iphone4 have the same gpu as the 3GS, yet 4 / 5.2 as many pixels.
The consequence of it is that using AA becomes an even worse idea. The tech must be opted seriously to use AA without dieing

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#5]
Er, no. It's supported on 1.1, see apple forums. Apple clearly said we'd be using this for non 4g hardware (its entirely pointless on the 4g as you can't really see jaggies).

Pretty sure ES1 supports it...

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#6]
Well now I'm curious about it too, maybe I'll take a hack at this tomorrow night.

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#7]
ES 2.0 is 3GS, so if they say it works on non 4G that does not mean it works on 3G needfully.
especially not as the iphone 3G suffers on the performance end seriously anyway if you install iOS4 so you don't have to worry about AA anymore, be happy if it still runs playable and does not crash all the time.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#8]
Maybe we have different experiences Dreamora as iOS4 runs fine on my phone.

Multisampling is supported in the ES1 and ES2 driver according to Apple's staff post on their site.