iMiniB3D 0.4?

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/iMiniB3D 0.4?

ima747(Posted 2010) [#1]
Simon, really sorry to do a release beg post, but any idea when 0.4 might sneak out? 0.3 is giving me all kinds of problems at the moment but it's likely because of all the xcode updates since the last time I worked with it so I figured if 0.4 might land soonish I'd save myself a lot of hassle and just wait rather than dig through a whole bunch of stuff you've already fixed... digging out the 0.3 patches to apply them to a new install is a bit daunting especially if I can just junk it and get the sweet sweet nectar of a new revision :0)

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#2]
What problems? I'm working with iminib3d for a project right now, and the only problem with iminib3d I've encountered is a subtle bug in CameraPick (a few threads down.)

Whatever problems you're having I'm guessing aren't due to iminib3d, and are because of something setup incorrectly in XCode (I know I keep forgetting the dozen fiddly little settings every time I start a new project.)

ima747(Posted 2010) [#3]
I know they're related to XCode, besides a few tweaks to the engine I've had to make (search the minib3d forum for iminib3d posts, I don't recall exactly what, and that's kind of the point...) I used to have it working fine, haven't had time to work on any projects with it in a couple months, and now loading meshes causes a malloc crash, don't know why or how, but that's just 1 example. So to fix it I need to re-install 0.3 and then find and update all the little patches... and hope that will work... and then move all my projects into the new install... or I can wait for 0.4 which I'll have to do the move for anyway, but I won't have to patch, and it will be more magical than ever as simon's updates always are...

It's not a problem with 0.3 that I can find without a lot of time I don't currently have, and with 0.4 being mentioned as hopefully getting released soon... I'm just wondering what soon is to see if I can save myself a huge amount of time, which I can put into testing 0.4 instead of fixing my own problems with 0.3 :0)

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#4]
hm what little patches are you referring to? I don't read the forums that regularly, so there's probably bugs here and there that I simply haven't encountered yet in my project.