MiniB3D Blitzmax on GitHub

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/MiniB3D Blitzmax on GitHub

Difference(Posted 2009) [#1]
Could we set up an official source repository, preferable managed by Simon?

I'd like to see the matrix code Matrices in minib3d by Warner and other minor fixes find it's way to the main branch a little quicker. I also think some more advanced/specialized forks are more likely to happen that way.

I'd like to make a version that uses the assimp importer for static meshes, and if somebody would like to collaborate, for animated meshes too.

Shagwana(Posted 2009) [#2]
I think this is a great idea, or maybe slap it up on google code svn?. Where ever it resides I would like to do my bit on helping to improve minib3d where I can.

I would like to see the loading system made stream based, so we are not limited to loading from just files.

plash(Posted 2009) [#3]
Anyone else tallying for GitHub?
I can start a project for it if no one else wants to head it.

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#4]
yeah github would be good

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#5]
I'd prefer svn over github, given that there's already a bunch of other major blitz-related repositories using SVN.

Shagwana(Posted 2009) [#6]
People of Blitz are used to (google) SVN, why throw another code repsotory into the mix :)

Difference(Posted 2009) [#7]
I've just started using github. One of the features that impressed me was how easy it is to fork.

That said, I like svn, so for me svn's OK. Google code sounds good.

Dylan McCall has already done this once, that's why I'd like to see it as the "official" Simonh sanctioned repository

See http://code.google.com/p/minib3d-unstable/

plash(Posted 2009) [#8]
I loathe SVN, so if you go that path the best of luck!

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#9]
lets not bicker and argue about who killed who

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#10]
well if no-one else will do it. I will put it on git on monday

Difference(Posted 2009) [#11]
I'd really prefer we wait until simonh comments on this.

I'm NOT suggesting a new fork. I'm looking for the main version to get updated a little more often, but still managed and controlled by simonh, for as long as he's still updating the lib.

THEN fork and make your own versions to your hearts content and try to make him add your tweaks and additions to the main branch.

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#12]
What I'd like to see, is at least a separate sticky thread that lists all currently known issues with some detail. At the moment it's all very vague to me, as an outsider.

simonh(Posted 2009) [#13]
OK, I'm looking into it. I'm not a big fan of svn so am reluctant to use that but this potentially looks a better option.

Difference(Posted 2009) [#14]
Great. Let's hope it will make miniB3D even better. :-)