mutliple monitors and minib3d

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/mutliple monitors and minib3d

ima747(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm about to buy maxgui because I need a couple functions from it, and it seems like I will also need it for what I'm trying to do.

I need to have 2 similar displays running. They need to be full screen, mac OS is the primary target but will port to windows eventually. Minib3d is used to display and move a fairly large number of individually loaded pictures (as sprites).

My questions if anyone has any thoughts:
The displays are not the same (or I'd just use screen mirroring) so would it be better (save any vram, improve performance etc.) to run 1 program with 2 windows and a seperate camera for each? or would 2 instances of the program, one for each screen be better (it would certainly be easier to write since all I have to do is specify the screen, rather than manage 2 at once)

What is the best way to go about laying out minib3d on 2 screen? I'm assuming use maxgui to make 2 windows, move one on to the second screen and make them both fill the available space, hide menu bar etc. to be full screen and put a minib3d display in each one. But is there an easier way? i.e. some way I can specify the monitor in a call to graphics3d? I assume not since graphics and graphics3d both blank out the second screen.

Any thoughts, best practices, reading, examples, etc. would be greatly appreciated.