MiniB3d + OpenGL issue

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/MiniB3d + OpenGL issue

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#1]
Couldn't really think of a better title for this thread, sorry.

Anyway, the code below is for a very simple single-surface particle thingy i've been writing for my game. It basically just draws textured quads. The code is also pretty custom to my own game.

The code below behaves as expected, however when i incorporated it into my project, i'm getting a strange problem. Very occasionally the quads are draw un-textured, so just white squares are drawn as if glBindTexture has failed. This is obviously really annoying, but i can't work out what is causing the problem - and i don't want to blame MiniB3d outright because i'm unsure of what it's doing under the hood. however, if it is affecting gl textures in some way i'd like to know what i can do to ensure that it isn't a problem for this code.

During the flow of thing in my game, i'm displaying lot's of Tmesh and TSprites, all transformed in some way, all textured, most using entityblend, entityFX and entity shininess in some way. I also use Backbuffertotex, although only once.

you'll also need this image:
http://c-knight.madasafish.com/testtex.bmp

I hope someone can help with this, i'm not exactly an expert in OpenGL, but i'd really like to be able to use this code in my game.

Cheers
Charlie

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#2]
Further investigation - I'm pretty sure it's a blending/masking issue. I switched to .png images and the problem seems to have vanished. Super!

Cheers
Charlie