New Installation Problem

BlitzMax Forums/MiniB3D Module/New Installation Problem

Uncle(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello,

I just upgrade to Bmax 1.32 and several things stopped working... firstly some meshes no longer loaded, but now I can't compile anymore. I get the following message :

In file included from X:/Return of the Jedi/inc/std.cpp:1:
X:/Return of the Jedi/inc/std.h:12:15: map: No such file or directory
X:/Return of the Jedi/inc/std.h:13:18: string: No such file or directory
X:/Return of the Jedi/inc/std.h:14:18: vector: No such file or directory
X:/Return of the Jedi/inc/std.h:15:20: iostream: No such file or directory
X:/Return of the Jedi/inc/std.h:16:19: fstream: No such file or directory
Build Error: failed to compile X:/Return of the Jedi/inc/std.cpp

Has anyone else had this? I tried a fresh install and I still get the same.

Cheers,

Unc

Uncle(Posted 2009) [#2]
Strange. When I copy my code into a folder on the C: Drive I can compile fine. However when I move it to any other drive I get the above message. What is strange though is that prior to upgrading the code would compile perfectly fine on my X: drive. Does anyone know whats going on here?

ima747(Posted 2009) [#3]
Make sure MinGW is up to date and configured properly?

Uncle(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hi ima747,

I reinstalled MinGW and still had the same problem. Ive fixed this now though by installing minGW on the same drive as the my project. Not a great fix but it works. Must be something to do with Vista and the path settings.

Thanks,

Unc

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#5]
Uncle

Maybe the environment variables for mingw weren't taken into consideration since the variable was set on a different drive. Random guess - just curious what might have caused that problem if anyone has other insight?

ima747(Posted 2009) [#6]
I think Retimer has probably hit it. It's been a while since I setup MinGW but I do recall vista being even worse about variables than XP was, and possibly 1.32 adds in some extra "fun" to the mix that wasn't there in 1.30.